#2 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:01 AM

It’s a lot of ###### money

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#3 Bigolwiggler

Bigolwiggler

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

No on 3 ...... in fact no on ALL of them except for  5 and 6 !   Its all about less taxes and more freedom.

BOW

#4 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

A bond is another word for tax. Bonds have to be paid back plus interest. Interest comes from taxes. The first thing I look at when voting on a proposition is fiscal impact. When it states, there will be an X amount of cost to the state, I check the "no" box.

#5 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:46 AM

For those of you who don't know what Prop 3 is about other than it is a bond issue:

https://ballotpedia....itiative_(2018)

A "yes" vote supports this measure to authorize $8.877 billion in general obligation bonds for water infrastructure, groundwater supplies and storage, surface water storage and dam repairs, watershed and fisheries improvements, and habitat protection and restoration.

A "no" vote opposes this measure to authorize $8.877 billion in general obligation bonds for water infrastructure, groundwater supplies and storage, surface water storage and dam repairs, watershed and fisheries improvements, and habitat protection and restoration

Scroll down the web page to see the organizations in support and opposed.

FWIW, CWA and DU have contributed almost $1MM in support. Quail Forever, Pheasants Forever and NWTF are also supporting

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#6 garlicsalt

garlicsalt

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Standing by.

#7 Green House

Green House

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

""yes" vote supports this measure to authorize $8.877 billion in general obligation bonds for water infrastructure, groundwater supplies and storage, surface water storage and dam repairs, watershed and fisheries improvements, and habitat protection and restoration."

This money will go to the twin tunnel project so it got a big NO vote from me.  It also seems to try and get some money to repair Oroville (sp) dam as in the dam repairs the MWD or DWP should be on the hook for but are trying to pawn off on tax payers.  Now they would have access to bond monies.  I dont trust any of these people and I think they added the wildlife stuff to get votes. 

The whole proposition process has become a way to try and secure funds for a class or group (CalTrans, MWD, Unions)  and not help the people of the state.  Why do we need more water in so cal?  So they developers can keep on keeping on like 20 000 home by Perris and San Jac with no new waters sources and this is only one development.  Enough is enough vote no on everything except 6.  

#8 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

Anything that asks for new taxes is a big fat NO. Let them learn how to live on a dollar and fifteen cents like the damn rest of us. THEN.. maybe their stupid butts won't be so damn quick to burn thru money like fire!

And in terms on that proposition to bolster water supplies?  They got their heads on backwards. It ain't a question of not enough water, it's a question of too damn many humans! Not enough housing? Nope! Too damn many humans!  They need to learn their lessons NOW before LATER hits and the REALLY see the error in their ways.

We're projected to hit 10 Billion folks worldwide before too darn long, I wanna say...2050? Pssh... think it's bad now? Shoot... just watch. It's sadistic... but it's gonna be funny watching all these folks who are soo locked into indoctrinated ways of thinking start changing their tune the higher that number climbs. Mark my words.

Edited by TheGDog, 06 November 2018 - 03:28 PM.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#9 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Another fund for Sacramento to rob from and misappropriate. Hell NO!

#10 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,117 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:04 PM

It ain't going for the ducks that's for sure.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#11 Bigolwiggler

Bigolwiggler

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

The replies after mine are spot on !!     Read the fine print and ear marks .  Most propositions  make it look pretty on the outside but rotting flesh on the inside .  Don't drink the Kalifornia Kool-Aid !  Most people have , that is why we are in the mess that we continue to find ourselves in !    READ BETWEEN THE LINES !!!

ALSO      join .......   newcaliforniastate.com       !!!!     

BOW  !!!

#12 mudslinger

mudslinger

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

When you start to read the text of the prop you start to see the 8 billion is divided up amongs whats seems like hundreds of projects and organizations. No oversight in the world will prevent misuse of this money. Vote No!

#13 Bigolwiggler

Bigolwiggler

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

Spot On Mudslinger ....  That goes for most of the Kalifornia  props !     They have fooled most of us tax payers .  Most props will pass unfortunately .   Us voter will pay dearly , they know it  but we keep drinking the Kool Aid .    : /

BOW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users