Photo

Am I just too particular or are these folks just stupid?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Ok, here's the deal.  I've been thinking about buying a small used travel trailer.  I'm not gung-ho going for it, I'm just kicking tires right now.  As I peruse the ads people post on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, RV Trader, etc. I've noticed a somewhat high percentage (IMHO) of the ads with pictures of these trailers that, frankly, surprise me.  Now it's not the majority of them by any stretch of the imagination, maybe as little as, say, 15% just by a guess but it just amazes me when I see these.  The pictures I'm talking about are pictures of the interior of these trailers and they look like someone just got back from a l-o-n-g camping trip and were just too exhausted to clean up.  There are dirty dishes in the sink, beds unmade, clothing strewn about, and trash sitting on the tables and counters. I mean, come on people, you're trying to see the damn thing.  Why wouldn't you take a few minutes to tidy up the trailer before you snapped a couple pictures on your cell phone?  I see stuff like that and the first thing I think is if they couldn't be bothered to clean up the thing for pictures how much of the maintenance has been blown off too?  

(edit:  Just thought I'd throw in an example...)

45616111_10212587022047384_1215468477683

Edited by fish dog, 05 November 2018 - 01:12 PM.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#2 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

Yep I agree a few minutes to tidy up would go a long ways in selling

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#3 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

When I have been in the market for something used be it a vehicle , RV, or whatever, the first thing I pay attention to is the is how well it looks. If it has not been maintained on the outside, chances are little other maintenance has been done. People generally try to make what ever they are selling presentable but even at that you can tell whether it has been cleaned up just for sale or if that is how they always kept it. I would not even consider buying something that look like that.  

#4 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Maybe they are still living in it... Ed F

#5 SaltonSeadog

SaltonSeadog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 AM

That’s why some people study marketing in school. I look at the “OfferUp app every day just for entertainment. Sometimes it takes a minute to see the item they are selling amid the clutter.

#6 Cazador Suerte

Cazador Suerte

Lucky Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 AM

I would say the folks are not too particular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users