• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:16 PM

I never thought this day would come but the good news is business has really been growing to the point that we have maxed out our facility here in SoCal. We're looking to get another location next door but that fell through, had some of our bigger customers up North find out that we were looking and basically giving use an offer that we just can't say no to. 

so now the struggle to find a new location up between Albany Or to Vancouver Washington for the plant. and then find a place to live wants we figure that out.

so the process will take a year before I will have move up there, but looking to be fully operational by 2020.   

well, wish me luck on our new adventure of life.

here are some pictures of the current pit we are building for a new vessel, the vessel itself take 9 months to a year in a half to build, then have it shipped over from Italy. This unit will be at our West Garden Grove location.

Attached Files

• Attached File  KIMG0412.jpg   84.61KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  DSCF0863.JPG   76.3KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  DSCF0804.JPG   116.56KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  1.JPG   37.33KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.JPG   23.18KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.JPG   46.71KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.JPG   28.72KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  5.JPG   75.24KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  6.JPG   43.01KB   0 downloads

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#2 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:39 PM

So  what exactly is your business. I can't tell from the pit. In any event,, best of luck with the venture.

#3 chessie

chessie

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:42 PM

ODP, congrats. Happy to see business is good.  

#4 C1g@r5m0k3

C1g@r5m0k3

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

Best of luck!

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#5 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

Good luck and congrats on getting out

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#6 Nimrod

Nimrod

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

Good luck!

Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said,"like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD." ....................... -Genesis 10:8-9

#7 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

bout time mikey!!!  and yes..what is it you build and what business you in? also. as long as there are ducks and dove in the next state..you are winning!!!

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#8 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

our family business is Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP), 

we are 1 of 7 companies in the world that do what we do.

we where the first of the 7 to open a commercial HIP company back in 1987 

but if you really want to know what HIP is, watch this Vidoe, It explains it very thoroughly and a lot of the video and pictures are of our vessels and parts that we run 

https://youtu.be/BsnzgsEXT_A

www.kittyhawktest.com

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#9 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

DUDE!! someone say..SPECIALTY?? damn!

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#10 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

Well here I thought you were a hammer and nail kind of guy. This is a step up from that.

#11 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,922 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

I always thought he was a proof reader/editor ...

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#12 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

This unit will be at our West Garden Grove location.

Oh! Where are you guys in WestGG? Probably drive past ya all the time without knowing it.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#13 SCREWLOOSE

SCREWLOOSE

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

I always thought he was a proof reader/editor ...

With the strong Liberal views he has, I was thinking English Lit professor.
Fins for breakfast, Feathers for lunch and Fur for dinner. A well balanced diet...

You are not raising a BOY, you are raising a MAN. DO NOT let society tell you otherwise!!!

A co-worked asked why I wanted to kill a deer. I said "because they won't stay on the BBQ if I don't kill them first"

Patience is the Virtue that carry's a lot of wait.

PROUDLY SENT TO THE BANNED CAMP BY THE Captain Kangaroo!

#14 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:48 AM

but if you really want to know what HIP is, watch this Vidoe, It explains it very thoroughly and a lot of the video and pictures are of our vessels and parts that we run 

https://youtu.be/BsnzgsEXT_A

Very cool vid!  Thanks!

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#15 QALHNTR

QALHNTR

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

Very cool stuff.  Nice to see something that relates to me - machining of high-temp alloys.  Lots of powdered metal tools and Cermet inserts being used daily.  Thanks for sharing and good luck with the move.

Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.

A man's footprints in life are only as deep as the ones that follow in his steps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users