Comments?

#2 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

Zinke had me up until he said he wanted to see hunting and fishing become elite sports."

What the hell kinda drugs is he on? I am sincerely hoping this sentence is just a victim of his poor skills at word choice.

Make hunting an "elite" sport? No, no, no, no.  Elite = thing only people with money get to do... so a big EFF YOU to that wording.

I don't *THINK* this was his intended meaning... but we'll wait and see.

Overall though ridiculously happy to hear the Cheeto talking about our American shooting heritage with such reverence though!  THAT is a massive Positive for your country.  Only good can come from all of us acting as advocates of the shooting sports and for access to ALL of OUR public lands.  Which includes all those damn roads thru'em that they never let any of us here in SoCal drive upon... f*ckers.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#3 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

Zinke had me up until he said he wanted to see hunting and fishing become elite sports."

What the hell kinda drugs is he on? I am sincerely hoping this sentence is just a victim of his poor skills at word choice.

Make hunting an "elite" sport? No, no, no, no.  Elite = thing only people with money get to do... so a big EFF YOU to that wording.

I don't *THINK* this was his intended meaning... but we'll wait and see.

Overall though ridiculously happy to hear the Cheeto talking about our American shooting heritage with such reverence though!  THAT is a massive Positive for your country.  Only good can come from all of us acting as advocates of the shooting sports and for access to ALL of OUR public lands.  Which includes all those damn roads thru'em that they never let any of us here in SoCal drive upon... f*ckers.

Yeah...I was a little taken aback by that also.  I'm thinking (hoping) his meaning was to make it more of a first-class sport instead of the second class red-headed stepchild of sports that it is now to a lot of the uninformed people out there.  As you said, wait and see though.

Edited by fish dog, 03 August 2018 - 03:17 PM.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#4 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

As long as he's "bigly", behind it... I'll be happy.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users