#1 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

From the Volokh Conspiracy

https://reason.com/v...econd-amendment

No nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court has had such a detailed record on Second Amendment as does Brett Kavanaugh. His 2011 dissenting opinion in the case known as Heller II was consistent with his long-standing adherence to text, history, tradition, and Supreme Court precedent.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#2 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

The democrats are going crazy..... :38:

He is the right man for the job.....No doubt about it.....Now we need all Republican senators to stick together.... :thumbs-up-ani:

ps....When will some democrat senators jump ship, knowing he's the right guy?.....Schumer must threaten their families or something.....He certainly threatens their political lives.

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#3 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

The Dems. Schumer leading the way are going to do their best to delay a vote until after midterm elections in hopes of gaining a majority .

#4 Roux Meraux

Roux Meraux

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

Did anyone see the comedy show last night. it was on MSN and CNN... oh wait i'm sorry... was that suppose to be serious reporting. Laughed my arse off. Those people have lost their cotton picking minds. The way they railed Kavanuagh you would think he is kin folk to Hitler or Manson.

#5 mjb

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Interests:Keeping my freezer full of fur, feathers, fins & shells

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

Who knew how many were truly brain washed before the election.

It's the next pick that really counts this is just the warm up pick!

#6 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

I turned on the tv late the other night and the stephen colbert show happened to be on.  He was making a fool of himself talking about Kavanaugh.  It will be so sweet when he's confirmed, like when Trump won the presidency. 

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#7 snoopdogg

snoopdogg

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

Colbert can kiss my a$$. I love hearing when folks comment on the state of affairs when they take their opinion from a comedy show as if it were an official source.
Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users