11 replies to this topic

#1 hawg382

hawg382

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Well finally broke down and bought a boat for duck hunting!! Found this Excel boat in Arkansas, only 3 hrs away, and the price was right!! It’s a 2014 Excel 1754SWF4 with a mud buddy 45hp Black Death with only 80hrs on it! Took it out today on Lake Lewisville and ran through some real shallow stuff!! Real impressed on how it did can’t wait to get to use it!!

Attached File  4E943565-F6D8-4505-91F5-F141E0766513.jpeg   298.48KB   9 downloads

Ran all the way up this creek!!
Attached File  8442A352-946A-4748-8841-C95DC2FD2E73.png   3.54MB   2 downloads
Samatis Baits Pro Staff

#2 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,805 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Congrats I bet where your at you will get plenty of use out of it

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#3 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

You will regret it. You will miss those long slogs to your secret spot. Seriously, I don’t know how you could do that hike every season. You should find some good spots with your new rig. Hope your bass fishing is going well. Was going to fish Hodges today but my tow rig needs to be checked out first.

John

#4 hawg382

hawg382

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

You will regret it. You will miss those long slogs to your secret spot. Seriously, I don’t know how you could do that hike every season. You should find some good spots with your new rig. Hope your bass fishing is going well. Was going to fish Hodges today but my tow rig needs to be checked out first.
John

I’ll still have to walk on some days, wind and ice will keep me of the water! These lake are huge and when it’s blowing good it gets rough and dangerous in a small boat. Sometimes the launch ramps will ice up and won’t be able to launch but other than that I’ll be in the boat. This also makes it easier to scout for birds. I’ll also be hunting different lakes!! Can’t wait for the season to start. Bass fishing been good just work gets in the way.
Samatis Baits Pro Staff

#5 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,067 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

Man those ducks have had it now..Kapoow!

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#6 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

Sweet rig. It is nice to have additional options. Scouting is a huge benefit even if you choose to walk in.

#7 chessie

chessie

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

2 boats now?  Getting rid of the bass rig?  Just curious.  Make sure to get the doggie ladder Gunner. :thumbs-up-ani:

#8 hawg382

hawg382

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

2 boats now? Getting rid of the bass rig? Just curious. Make sure to get the doggie ladder Gunner. :thumbs-up-ani:

No I’m not getting rid of my Triton!! Keeping both! Been wanting one of these for awhile and found this one for a hell of a deal and couldn’t pass it up. Already ordered the dog ladder from Macks. Now have to decide if I’m gonna add a blind on it. But now I can haul a lot more decoys and stuff!! I am gonna add 2 power poles and put my old Lowrance HDS8 graph on it for navigation.

Edited by hawg382, 07 May 2018 - 05:06 PM.

Samatis Baits Pro Staff

#9 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

2 boats now? Getting rid of the bass rig? Just curious. Make sure to get the doggie ladder Gunner. :thumbs-up-ani:

No I’m not getting rid of my Triton!! Keeping both! Been wanting one of these for awhile and found this one for a hell of a deal and couldn’t pass it up. Already ordered the dog ladder from Macks. Now have to decide if I’m gonna add a blind on it. But now I can haul a lot more decoys and stuff!! I am gonna add 2 power poles and put my old Lowrance HDS8 graph on it for navigation.

Awesome. Business trip to Dallas this fall.

#10 Limited Out

Limited Out

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

That is a great boat, must have top end of 35+ mph, never owned a mud boat without a blind, the fold up style works best for me. Gives you the ability to hunt exactly where you want.

#11 Fowl Play

Fowl Play

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Hawg, that is a great rig! I'm going to be shooting you a PM to compare notes... see what you like/what you didn't. I'm going to be purchasing something very similar for running the St. John's river in Florida -- combo duck, boar, alligator, general getting off the beaten path hunting rig.

#12 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

I expect your yearly numbers to go way up, Congratulation 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users