4 replies to this topic

#1 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

Spending some time up in the Eastern Sierras for my son's photo project. Managed to fly fish the East Walker for 2 hours today. Tough with the wind but got one nice Bow to hand and got smoked by a larger one. Bridgeport Res is ice free. Crowley is ice free. Upper and Lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport are ice free. Still seeing a crap load of Cinnamon Teal and still some geese. Virgina Lakes are iced over and you can drive up to the big lake. I managed to get a couple of ski runs in up there on a gentle slope off the road. If I fish Hot Creek I will post up. Don't bother fishing with less than a 4x on the EW and bring a long handle net. Night boys.

John

#2 sierrahunter1

sierrahunter1

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

We need pics!

#3 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Tonight. Still up here. Just fished Hot Creek for 2 hours. 8 or 10 on the fly. Gave an elderly lady a 20 minute tutorial on how to nymph. Gave her some flies set up her fly rod. Turned around and she was hooked up.

John

#4 C1g@r5m0k3

C1g@r5m0k3

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Tonight. Still up here. Just fished Hot Creek for 2 hours. 8 or 10 on the fly. Gave an elderly lady a 20 minute tutorial on how to nymph. Gave her some flies set up her fly rod. Turned around and she was hooked up.

John

Fishing AND nymph'n! Now I'm jealous!

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#5 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

Here are some pics.The better ones are my son's camera. Still needs to be downloaded.

JohnAttached File  UpperTwinLakeShoreline.jpg   300.27KB   0 downloadsAttached File  BrownHotCreekToday.jpg   296.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  RainbowEastWalker.jpg   107.41KB   0 downloadsAttached File  UpperTwin.jpg   187.92KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users