5 replies to this topic

#1 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

Spending some time up in the Eastern Sierras for my son's photo project. Managed to fly fish the East Walker for 2 hours today. Tough with the wind but got one nice Bow to hand and got smoked by a larger one. Bridgeport Res is ice free. Crowley is ice free. Upper and Lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport are ice free. Still seeing a crap load of Cinnamon Teal and still some geese. Virgina Lakes are iced over and you can drive up to the big lake. I managed to get a couple of ski runs in up there on a gentle slope off the road. If I fish Hot Creek I will post up. Don't bother fishing with less than a 4x on the EW and bring a long handle net. Night boys.

John

#2 sierrahunter1

sierrahunter1

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

We need pics!

#3 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Tonight. Still up here. Just fished Hot Creek for 2 hours. 8 or 10 on the fly. Gave an elderly lady a 20 minute tutorial on how to nymph. Gave her some flies set up her fly rod. Turned around and she was hooked up.

John

#4 C1g@r5m0k3

C1g@r5m0k3

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Tonight. Still up here. Just fished Hot Creek for 2 hours. 8 or 10 on the fly. Gave an elderly lady a 20 minute tutorial on how to nymph. Gave her some flies set up her fly rod. Turned around and she was hooked up.

John

Fishing AND nymph'n! Now I'm jealous!

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#5 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

Here are some pics.The better ones are my son's camera. Still needs to be downloaded.

JohnAttached File  UpperTwinLakeShoreline.jpg   300.27KB   1 downloadsAttached File  BrownHotCreekToday.jpg   296.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  RainbowEastWalker.jpg   107.41KB   0 downloadsAttached File  UpperTwin.jpg   187.92KB   0 downloads

#6 Scout

Scout

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

Nice.  I just got back from convict.  it is always so wonderful in that area.  

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users