#1 beretta619

beretta619

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Hunting

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

Anyone know a decent spot to throw a few clays east of San Diego? The lady just got a new shotgun and we're looking to go out tomorrow morning. I don't feel like going to a crowded business and I would like to avoid driving all the way out to the valley. I'd like to keep it on this side of the mountains... if you want to message me, do so. It would be just th le two of us, trash would be picked up, etc. thank you.

#2 Ducky's Dad

Ducky's Dad

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

There's a range in Alpine.  Never been there, but my cousin shoots there every week.

#3 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

Remember, target shooting is not permitted within the Cleveland Nat'l Forest. BLM in SD County has these restrictions:

San Diego County: shooting is restricted in any developed recreational area; within 150 yards of any occupied residence or associated outbuildings; within 500 yards of any properly signed, established stock watering hole or place. (see SD County Code of Regulatory Ordinances, Title 3, Division 3, Chapter 1 for additional details)

BLM temporary and permanent closure orders prohibit target shooting in the following areas:

• McCain Valley lands north of Boulevard, covering the large recreational area
  • Table Mountain lands north of Old 80, east of Jacumba, covering old shooting sites
  • Airport Mesa lands south of Old 80, east of Jacumba, covering the old shooting area
  • Otay Mountain lands within 300 feet of the Otay Mountain Truck Trail & structures

Clay targets (and all fragmenting targets including bottles) are frowned on because of the debris left behind. Even biodegradable targets, which I rarely see, take years and years to break down. My understanding is that you can be cited for littering for any debris left behind. I can't imagine being able to collect every clay fragment after a decent shooting session. It will be spread all over the area.  We've all seen these areas. It is blight and it does not reflect well on shooters.

My advice is to go to a public range or designated shooting area.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#4 DOG ON POINT

DOG ON POINT

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

We just did a fun 3-d archery shoot st lemon grove rod and gun club. Looked like a pretty good place?

#5 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Project 2000 still around?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users