• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 'Ike'

'Ike'

Road Trip!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts
  • Interests:BowHunting and chasing Roosters!

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

Say it isn't so!!!  :smiley-yakkin-pink:  Anyone have anything else on this?

"Trump has nominated former Hawaii Attorney General Mark Jeremy Bennett for the 9th Circuit. A hearing was held yesterday in the Senate's Judiciary Committee.

When Heller went to the Supreme Court, Mr. Bennett signed onto an amicus brief arguing that the 2nd Amendment does not apply to the States and that the 2nd Amendment does not "explicitly guarantee an individual right to own a gun for specified private purposes".

The 9th Circus has been the bane of gun owners in the Western U.S. and the chief tool of Second Amendment infringement out here. I was hopeful that Trump would make pro-2A appointments to this court, but apparently not. We are still f!@#ed."

http://www.scotusblo...icus_states.pdf

Edited by 'Ike', 12 April 2018 - 03:29 PM.

2010 Bowtech Destroyer 340 (HardWoods HD) BlackGold/CBE Sights, RipCord/QAD, CarbonTech, Octane, G5 and 60X Strings...
2017 Hoyt ProDefiant (Blk/Xtra) 'You mad bro'....

#2 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

I often find myself wondering how much worse off we'd be if Trump hadn't won.

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

#3 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

Bad pick.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#4 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,903 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

Lord give us strength.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#5 'Ike'

'Ike'

Road Trip!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts
  • Interests:BowHunting and chasing Roosters!

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:49 AM

A little better, but a whole lot of questions remain...

From the above "Vetting Room" link.

Gun Control:

In 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the District of Columbia’s ban on ownership of handguns, finding an individual right to bear arms in the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.[21] When the case was being argued, state attorneys general of both parties weighed in both in favor of and against the D.C. ban.[22] While 31 attorneys general weighed in against the ban, five, including Bennett, signed onto a brief supporting it.[23] Speaking about the case, Bennett noted:

“We think that a decision that the Second Amendment prohibits strict gun-control laws is just wrong.”[24]

Notably, at the time of the suit, Hawaii had some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.[25]

Takings:

2010 Bowtech Destroyer 340 (HardWoods HD) BlackGold/CBE Sights, RipCord/QAD, CarbonTech, Octane, G5 and 60X Strings...
2017 Hoyt ProDefiant (Blk/Xtra) 'You mad bro'....

#6 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Sadly... I see it as a costly inevitability that "the masses"... in their typical emotionally-driven knee-jerk fashion... will end up hurting our rights... and it won't be until a glaring government overreach has occurred that they will start to go "Oh... ok... now I see what you meant."  And get their heads out of their... well... you know.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users