• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

WOW what a trip First thanks for the reclamations, what a great time for me and my family we fished we went on adventures and yes the girls got to go shopping.

the marlin fishing was slow but I did get the job done with 150 LBer, but not entail my 3rd day...

ok let me start at the begging. we arrive the night of  Easter and this is our view out our balconyAttached File  DSCF0935.JPG   18.28KB   1 downloads

Mikey and I get up early for breakfast burrito and pancakes. we get to the boat at 6:30am  and we are off, Attached File  DSCF0940.JPG   63.29KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0941.JPG   52.34KB   0 downloads

it was 8 hours of trolling for our marlin that did not come tell day 3 but it did. but the good news we did find some Mahi Mahi, Mikey was the best farmer of our trip, pour kids lost 2 Mahi Mahi, 1 tuna, and 1 Pargo.       Attached File  DSCF0953.JPG   59.76KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0964.JPG   78.18KB   0 downloads

dinner that night was with a great viewAttached File  DSCF0937.JPG   58.39KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG0336.jpg   83.19KB   0 downloads

day 2 we take our friends that are not fishermen... and they do get car sick so I told the captain lest do half day marlin and the other half inshore for the kids  Attached File  DSCF0961.JPG   84.33KB   0 downloads as soon as the boat stopped they got sick. so I told the Captain to run them back and let's just say that was the end of fishing for that day 

the next day we do an inshore adventure, rented some UTV's and went way up in the mountains to a waterfall and swam in  Attached File  DSCF0977.JPG   85.87KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0979.JPG   79.68KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0986.JPG   62.51KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0987.JPG   144.87KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0996.JPG   195.98KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1023.JPG   150.7KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0998.JPG   125.7KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1004.JPG   125.98KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1012.JPG   110.52KB   0 downloads

ok got to go to work post more later 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#2 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

We to go Mike looks like a good trip.

#3 sierrahunter1

sierrahunter1

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:08 AM

Fun!

#4 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

ok back to the nonfishing adventure, mama getting her drive on Attached File  DSCF1031.JPG   81.75KB   0 downloads Attached File  DSCF1034.JPG   77.51KB   0 downloads

the whole crew Attached File  DSCF1035.JPG   112.45KB   0 downloads

time for dinner, talk about a great view this was our view every day for 7 days, It was the wives favorite Attached File  DSCF0969.JPG   89.69KB   0 downloads

good friends on a beach walk  Attached File  DSCF0968.JPG   85.55KB   0 downloads

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#5 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

ok back to the fishing 

today I went all by my selfAttached File  DSCF1040.JPG   55.26KB   0 downloads

me and my captain go 22 miles to get to the marlin grounds and started trolling, in a few about an hour or two goes by when we get a call on the radio that one of the other boats found a big school of dolphins so Captain ask do I want to go... I asked him call him back and see if they are catching any Tuna yet, he said no so I told the captain to tell him to call back when they catch their first fish as we are not that far from where they are. 

well about 15 to 20 mins goes by and he calls back saying the bite is on.

so we reel the trollers in and run over and find the fleet Attached File  DSCF1047.JPG   78.05KB   0 downloads 

ok a little backstory, in the morning Captain George ask me what I want for bait, I said I want it all. so I got ballyhoo, squid, and sardines

ok back tot he story, as soon as we get there the captain starts trolling, we get picked up on a hoochie that he made himself. and bam Tuna on. Way I am fighting it he drops 2 rods with squid and double bam, so ask one is gaff and put the rod in the holder and fight the next in.... Gaff it and on to the third....... came unbuttoned.. 

so we get back in front of the school and drop the hoochie back and sure enough bam on again ... then captain drops the other two rods back with bait and bam both light up... another triple this time I get all 3 in.

Way I'm fighting the last one he drops two more baits back and bam they both light up... Attached File  DSCF1049.JPG   75.83KB   0 downloads

now by this time I'm getting tired so I ask the captain ha do you want to take some fish home to the family... he says way not... I say good start reeling. Attached File  DSCF1052.JPG   88.64KB   0 downloads I boated 10 and released 5 all in 1.5 hours, elcaptain boated and keep 3.Attached File  DSCF1051.JPG   94.37KB   0 downloads

ok now on tot he high light of the trip

so we are done fishing for tuna so I tell elcaptain let's go find some Marlin  

#6 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

the whole goal of the trip was to catch Marlin, of course, it would come on my last day right after we got off that tuna bite. we trolled about 4 to 5 miles and this boy comes out of the water and crashes the Ballyhoo and its on. 

Attached File  DSCF1059.JPG   44.55KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCF1061.JPG   90.71KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCF1067.JPG   75.37KB   0 downloads

after the pic I let it go and know my trip was a total success.

the boat pic is of my flags for the day 

#7 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Congrats Mike.  Looks like a worthwhile trip.

#8 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,937 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

it was great 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users