5 replies to this topic

#1 2rocky

2rocky

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

So what is your Kennel setup?  Concrete, gravel, dirt, Raised flooring footing?  

How do you keep it from smelling like dog piss?  How often do you pick up the turds?  Where does your dog feces get disposed? 

How often do you turn out your dogs, and do they wait for going out for a run to do their business?  

How do you clean and sanitize your dog runs?  How often? 

Do your dogs come in the house also?  

Do you let the dog run in the fenced yard? 

I've been real disappointed in the way my ex wife and kids have managed their dogs in the past.  So much so I made them move their dog out to where their other animals are because I was was embarrassed at the way they didn't pick up the turds daily, or that they would close my yard gate and let the dog run loose and ###### in my yard.  

My personal feeling is that If I'm not going to be interacting with the dog, it needs to be in the kennel, and I should be letting it out at least 2X a day so it has a predictable time to do it's business out in the pasture.  Keeping the kennel and my yard landmine free.  

The kennel and doghouse provide a safe quiet spot for my dog to rest, and keeps it from chewing and digging up my yard.  I'd like to have my dog come in the house too, but when away, I'll keep it in the kennel.  

Am I being reasonable?  

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#2 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:05 PM

The King..

Attached Files

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#3 2rocky

2rocky

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

The King..

Do you have a designated shoe he craps in each day or do you rotate 'em?   :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:   

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#4 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

More like a size 14 boot!! Ha!

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#5 Hunt'EmUp

Hunt'EmUp

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

So my house is divided into different yards. The dogs have a kennel-dogs house aka. a place that I lock them up when they are being a PITA. Then there's the big yard that they have access to most of the time allows them to patrol the fence line. Then the little house yard with the grass etc. the "nice" yard which they only are allowed in supervised. In the house and access to the garage when I choose. Different yards for the ducks, chickens, geese, goats. Clean-up on the weekend, but we're talking 2.5 acres so takes them awhile to really mess that up; and they tend to have their spot where all the waste ends up.

I couldn't really imagine keeping a dog in a kennel run most of the time, if you did that you'd have to up-keep an least daily, most likely 2 times a day. I really think they need their own yard with dirt to air and roam around in most of the time, much easier than messing with putting them in and out of kennels. But it doesn't have your "nice" yard.

#6 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

That's pretty much what I have for my dogs most of a acre to run with a little backyard fenced in for us plus a fence that separates the front from back

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users