7 replies to this topic

#1 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Anyone else apply for Colorado draws yet?  I know they have a new system and changed the way they charge but just want to make sure all is right.  Showing 10 for habitate stamp and 3 per species to apply?

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#2 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

I haven't applied yet, but that sounds right to me. I did use the new system already for a turkey tag I put in for and drew.

#3 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

I'm waiting til the deadline. I don't like it one bit.... Colorado is the worst state for point creep and this made it worse. I'm over 20 years into the sheep and goat draw and still haven't drawn a tag... this will nail the coffin shut. Disappointed... Ed F

#4 bpnclark

bpnclark

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

They can never find my elk points when I log on and I have to call them about it everytime.

#5 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

I'm waiting til the deadline. I don't like it one bit.... Colorado is the worst state for point creep and this made it worse. I'm over 20 years into the sheep and goat draw and still haven't drawn a tag... this will nail the coffin shut. Disappointed... Ed F

Are you applying for a tough unit or mediocre?  With the bonus point systems for goat/sheep/moose, It seems to be just luck of the draw.

They can never find my elk points when I log on and I have to call them about it everytime.

Have you logged into the new system yet?  Make sure you don't wait.

I'm still muddling my choices.  Deer is pretty much locked in, but elk?  Nick, wanna go together?  I'll chat with you later this week.  I'll be out of pocket Monday through Wednesday.

Oh, and Skeet, that is correct.  Your CC will get hit now when/if you draw.

#6 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Are you applying for a tough unit or mediocre? With the bonus point systems for goat/sheep/moose, It seems to be just luck of the draw.

Have you logged into the new system yet? Make sure you don't wait.

I'm still muddling my choices. Deer is pretty much locked in, but elk? Nick, wanna go together? I'll chat with you later this week. I'll be out of pocket Monday through Wednesday.

Oh, and Skeet, that is correct. Your CC will get hit now when/if you draw.

My brother is planning to go back to where they went last year. Backcountry trip again. Still debating. Let's chat.

No clue for deer, but would love to shoot a deer this year and 2 would be really nice.

Antelope, probably will just shoot a doe for meat.

#7 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Yes and no... I'm mostly sticking to units I know I can kill one with a bow. A combo of harder units to draw and bad luck. The max weighted points haven't helped me.... Maybe this year. Ed F

#8 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the help so used to having to fork out the full amount it didn't seem right. Just another round of points anyway but don't want to miss a year as that point creep is stupid. Zach and Nic if 61 keeps getting further away from me may hit you guys up for ideas in a few years going on 19 points for elk which sounds stupid but with work and family haven't had the time to use them yet anyway so just kept building for a rainy day I guess

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users