5 replies to this topic

#1 Mud Pigeon

Mud Pigeon

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

Well I tried to attached a PDF but it looks like there is no way to open it on here. This link should work.https://media.blueap...ime-rice-v5.pdf

We subscribed to a meal service for a brief time and this was really good when we made it with the flank steak they included. Since flank steaks are not that great as far as beef goes I figured anything would be good made this way. Made it the other night with venison and it was great. May try it with some duck breasts too.

#2 2rocky

2rocky

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

Flank steaks are EXCELLENT and really underrated as a tender flavorful piece of meat if you don't overcook it.  Your wild game experience was probably a plus in making it.  

I'm going to give this a try.  

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#3 wiggie

wiggie

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

I'm gonna try this with duck :smiley-wave-hello-yellow:

#4 2rocky

2rocky

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

Made it last night with Elk Loin Steaks.  Kids enjoyed it although I thought the sauce was a little salty.  Which would probably work for duck....

Kids called it a good "Company meal"  

I'm going to experiment with the Garlic- ginger rice some more.  I didn't have fresh whole ginger and just used a 1/4 tsp of ground ginger, so I didn't get the POP of ginger.  

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#5 Mud Pigeon

Mud Pigeon

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

I'm gonna try this with duck :smiley-wave-hello-yellow:

Let me know how it goes. Got more than usual in the freezer now that it's just the wife and I eating most nights.

#6 Mud Pigeon

Mud Pigeon

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Made it last night with Elk Loin Steaks.  Kids enjoyed it although I thought the sauce was a little salty.  Which would probably work for duck....

Kids called it a good "Company meal"  

I'm going to experiment with the Garlic- ginger rice some more.  I didn't have fresh whole ginger and just used a 1/4 tsp of ground ginger, so I didn't get the POP of ginger.  

Hopefully you like it better next time. I didn't find it that salty, different brands of the sauces may be different though. My wife gives me crap for putting salt on fast food french fries though so it may be me. You're brave experimenting with the elk loin, I keep that simple. This was a good way to make steaks from the hind quarter of a mule deer good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users