6 replies to this topic

#1 Ducky's Dad

Ducky's Dad

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

Bloomberg reported today that Remington has announced they will be filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, which is really a reorganization/restructuring play.  Look for more details in the next couple of days.

#2 snoopdogg

snoopdogg

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

Whaaaaaatttt? Hmmm...
Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#3 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

All the gun manufacturers were sort of banking on a Clinton win. In business, you lead with your head, not your heart. Trump has been bad for business. The publicly traded gun manufacturers stocks have been getting hammered.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#4 PatWeatherby

PatWeatherby

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

How did they bank on Clinton? No matter what tribe you like more, Trump administration incl. his son is IMO more pro-gun/hunting and in general way more business-supporting than Clinton. See deregulations and now tax cuts. I haven't read the article yet, but I'm curious about the intentions.

#5 Fowl Play

Fowl Play

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

How did they bank on Clinton? No matter what tribe you like more, Trump administration incl. his son is IMO more pro-gun/hunting and in general way more business-supporting than Clinton. See deregulations and now tax cuts. I haven't read the article yet, but I'm curious about the intentions.

DK's referring to the fact that people don't flock to gun stores in droves sweeping up guns and ammo fearing their 2nd amendment rights are going to be taken away when Trump's in office. Gun manufacturers don't have the fear fed stockup purchasing they enjoyed in the last couple years. Only reason it could have been a bad thing for gun/ammo manufacturers is if they made risky choices to increase production/inventory in preparation for a Hillary win and then shot themselves in the foot.

#6 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Fowl Play is correct. I didn't say they personally liked the prospect of a Clinton presidency, just that they realized Clinton, like Obama, would be good for business. 

As things turned out, they have lots of inventory and slow sales.  So help them out and go buy a new gun or 2 or 3. And ammo. Lots of ammo, as in CA we are still in stock up mode because of the state level tyrants.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#7 PatWeatherby

PatWeatherby

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

I see, that makes sense, thanks for the info guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users