• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 labowned

labowned

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Raahages officially out of business?

Edited by labowned, 04 January 2018 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Rick Y.

Rick Y.

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

That's a damn shame

#3 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

This announcement is on their Facebook page

Currently we are not open for the 2017/2018 season. We have had another delay in our season and we are working diligently on resolving it. We apologize for all inconveniences this has caused. We intend to open for day hunting this season but currently do not have an opening date.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#4 Browning21

Browning21

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

I called today and the number is no longer in service.  I called Raahauge's Shooting and asked them if there was a new number and they stated that there is no longer going to be a pheasant club.

I went back on the facebook page and this was their last post.

We are sorry to announce Raahauge’s Pheasant Club (not the sporting clays or duck club) will be closing permanently. With the ever encroaching developments in the area it has become difficult to run our operation in its current location. We wish to thank everyone who has supported us throughout the years. Hope everyone has a wonderful 2018/2019 season and continue to get the kids out there with you!

Edited by Browning21, 17 October 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#5 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

In a word. Closed

#6 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

With the ever encroaching developments in the area it has become difficult to run our operation in its current location.

But when they build all those houses right up against San Jacinto it won't affect them at all...right?

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#7 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

Shame about the pheasant club and yes, it is a cautionary tale for SJ. But, Raahauge's duck club and sporting clays and rifle/pistol ranges are all still operating.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#8 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

It's just a matter of time before the entire operation shuts down. Just won't be the same without the pheasant hunts.

#9 popx5

popx5

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing Wood Working Camping Hiking Dog Training

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:53 AM

Woodlands club in Westmorland is open and running. Great birds and lots of room if you are interested in a put and take operation.

#10 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

With the ever encroaching developments in the area it has become difficult to run our operation in its current location.

But when they build all those houses right up against San Jacinto it won't affect them at all...right?

One just needs to look south at Otay Lakes to see the future of SJ if the housing build continues.

#11 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

One just needs to look south at Otay Lakes to see the future of SJ if the housing build continues.

Truth...some may not know this but they used to have a duck hunting program there.  I've actually hunted Otay back in the day.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#12 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:19 PM

But when they build all those houses right up against San Jacinto it won't affect them at all...right?
Truth...some may not know this but they used to have a duck hunting program there. I've actually hunted Otay back in the day.

That is exactly the point Zach was making...

#13 labowned

labowned

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Dang...rahauges was so close. Four winds is gone too. I guess this leaves Mendel's place out east and antelope valley sportmans club. Both are pretty good. If ur training a pup there's always pigeons at Prado. I guess u could plant your own pheasants there too.

#14 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:25 PM

Didnt realize 4 winds was gone to

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#15 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

But when they build all those houses right up against San Jacinto it won't affect them at all...right?
Truth...some may not know this but they used to have a duck hunting program there. I've actually hunted Otay back in the day.

That is exactly the point Zach was making...

Yup, I used to hunt Otay too, till they put those houses in.  It was fine with the Olympic center, but city folk out walking their dogs and jr. in tow don't seem to mix with hunting anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users