Photo

FINAL APPEAL – People Needed to show up in numbers -Tuesday, November 14th, 1:30 pm – Riverside Board of Supervisors – FINAL CHANCE FOR SAN JACINTO

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

The Riverside Board of Supervisors will take public comment on the Lewis Homes Villages of Lakeview Project, which is directly on the border of San Jacinto Wildlife Area.   The Supervisors will then vote on the project approval at their meeting on Tuesday, November 14th at 1:30 pm the same location as the prior Planning Commission Meetings, 4080 Lemon Street, 1st Floor, Riverside, CA 92502.

Google maps link to 4080 Lemon Street, Riverside, the location of the Supervisors meeting.

https://www.google.c...7.3733832?hl=en

The County Supervisors will be making the final decision on the project and the fate of the San Jacinto Wildlife Area’s (and the hunting program’s) future.  This is the very last chance to do something about this project.  They will, in effect, be creating a 25,000-population city right on the border of San Jacinto, along with a large commercial development also, which can only have detrimental effects on the Wildlife Area, the wildlife within it and the hunting program.    Once again, as with the Planning Commission hearings, PLEASE tell everyone you know this is very important!  We need to show up IN NUMBERS for the Supervisors’ meeting!

As I reported before, there are T-shirts available to show your support for SJWA.  At this point, they can be purchased at Lilian Greenland’s Salon at 426 West Esplanade Ave., Suite 201, San Jacinto, CA 92583.  It would be nice to see a sea of Green SJ shirts at the Supervisor’s meeting.

This is likely the final chance to stop this project and to save San Jacinto’s hunting program.  You may not think it will be that big a deal but believe me, it is.  Even as slow as hunting is right now in the early weeks of the season 108 hunters were able to take last Wednesday off to hunt at San Jacinto.  We should be able to get this many at least to attend a meeting that may determine if you can hunt there in the future.

So, if there’s any way you can make it to the Riverside Board of Supervisors meeting on November 14th, BE THERE!  As I’ve already said before the future of San Jacinto Wildlife Area, and most certainly the hunting program there, depends on it. 

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#2 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

Any feedback on this meeting? Was unable to attend.

#3 Ahidog

Ahidog

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

Watching a video of the hearing it looks like it was continued to December 5th

#4 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

Right off the bat, you could tell how things were going to go.  They cut public comments to 2 minutes (supposed to be 3) and then said only two people could donate their speaking time to another speaker (no such limit at the prior Planning Commission meetings) so the total max was 6 minutes.  Didn't count how many people commented against it but was around 20-25 I think.  There were 12 people commenting for the project and everyone had some type of stake in it (two guys from a landscaping business {more customers}, a guy from a construction company {duh...more work building houses}, a couple of local farmers {acerage to sell $$$}, a church pastor {free use of community center & more people for his "flock"}, the Mayor of the City of San Jacinto {more jobs and tax money in the area}).  One of the people for the project appeared to be one of the Supervisor's long-lost buddies {"How ya doing?  Haven't seen you in 10 years"}.  They were almost to the second on the speakers time limits for those opposed but were a little more flexible with those for the project.  In the end, they voted to close further public comment but also decided to come back to vote on it Dec. 5th.  I believe the reason was they wanted the county lawyers to re-check a few thing brought up by some of the people opposed.  Take all that for whatever you think it's worth.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#5 chessie

chessie

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:21 AM

http://www.pe.com/20...peak-for-hours/

#6 BJJ223

BJJ223

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

The public meeting is just for show.  This decision is being made behind the scenes.  They don't give a rats ass about hunting or our way of life.  It is about making a quick $$$. 

#7 calisnowhunter

calisnowhunter

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

this is CA they don't give a ###### what people want. cant believe people think they still have a say so in anything in this state.

#8 goose gobbler

goose gobbler

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

State should sell San Jacinto and buy property somewhere else. Expand wister or even build a second refuge by unit 1. All the other special interests will win eventually . Money always wins. State could care less about duck hunters. Sell the coveted property. Buy cheaper land that's not coveted. Kind of like a sports deal. If your team isn't making playoffs you know your star player is walking after season ends. Trade him during season so you at least get draft picks. Sell the land before they just take it away from us for nothing. They keep building only a matter of time before they stop the hunting and we get screwed.

#9 huntin fool

huntin fool

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:All hunting , total duckaholic.Wister addict since the 70's

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

Spot on GG. Hunters cannot win the SJ battle. Let's make the best out of a losing situation. Excellent idea.

#10 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

Not a ridiculous idea in the least. The market is at near peak right now. Only problem is, "The State". They rob funds from budgets all the time. DFW probably no different. Just like this new gasoline tax for "Roads". The language basically is written so they can rob cash from it. Our state legislature is run by thieves and snakes. They'll take the land, promise another location and never deliver. It's kind of like that train to nowhere project. I hate California! "You can't beat the weather" they say. I say, "BFD"!

#11 Green House

Green House

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

I didnt want to be negative but this has already been decided. This is all show. As stated they are trying to get the legal aspects in a row for the pending lawsuites. They have to have public comment.

#12 Ahidog

Ahidog

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

This whole thing reminds me of the MLPA hearings a few years back. Yes we will listen to your comments and you can send letters and all the other things but in the end it was decided before they ever opened the hearings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users