12 replies to this topic

#1 mouthcallinmatt

mouthcallinmatt

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

Went out to drop the trailer in the campground over the weekend. Something about driving through that valley that warms my soul & it wasn't the 99 degree temps. After getting the trailer set & leveled we got to do some scouting. It never ceases to amaze me to see how much life thrives in that place.

Mallards, pintail, greenwing teal, cinnamon teal, widgeon, spoonies, snow geese (8), specks, mourning doves, eurasian doves, quail, pheasants, coyotes, bobcat.

Those were just the game animals we saw in 1 day. Lots of other critters as well.

Anyway, it was just good to be out there again knowing that cooler temps, sleepless nights, & exciting days of hunting the Imperial Valley are just around the corner.

#2 shadowlawnskysthelimit

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Went out to drop the trailer in the campground over the weekend. Something about driving through that valley that warms my soul & it wasn't the 99 degree temps. After getting the trailer set & leveled we got to do some scouting. It never ceases to amaze me to see how much life thrives in that place.

Mallards, pintail, greenwing teal, cinnamon teal, widgeon, spoonies, snow geese (8), specks, mourning doves, eurasian doves, quail, pheasants, coyotes, bobcat.

Those were just the game animals we saw in 1 day. Lots of other critters as well.

Anyway, it was just good to be out there again knowing that cooler temps, sleepless nights, & exciting days of hunting the Imperial Valley are just around the corner.

my sentiments exactly Matt. every time i head south on 111 the memories flood back in, the smell, lol, fills my heart and soul with much joy !!! cant wait to get down there with friends, see those sunrises, share those campfires !! See ya soon !!!!

#3 Duckfan

Duckfan

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Good Luck this year Matt!    That does get the blood pumping.  

CWA Life Member
DU Member
Delta Waterfowl Member

Vegetarian - an old American Indian word meaning "Bad Hunter"

#4 John Segoria

John Segoria

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Matt: Yep. Fall is a great time of the year.  My dogs can sense it. When we drive down to hunt the Valley they know what is going on when the smells of farming come through the open windows. They get excited and they know, they will be going from practice to the real deal in short order.  See you around this season. Hope your surf trip went well.

John

#5 Mud Pigeon

Mud Pigeon

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

I feel the same way Matt. Amazing one person's shole hell on earth is paradise to others. 

#6 Rooster

Rooster

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Well said buddy!👍
When the Mountains turn blue...it's as cold as the Rockies.

#7 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Matt, you need some of this...

Attached Files

#8 mouthcallinmatt

mouthcallinmatt

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Someday Zach!

#9 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,138 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Matty,

I feel the same way.....Been in Canada & Montana for over a month and can't wait for the Wister opener..... :smiley-wave-hello-yellow: 

ps....Not that Canada and Montana aren't beautiful..... :smiley-wnk-yellow: 

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#10 skyscraper

skyscraper

News Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Cannot wait to be around the campfire again. Any chance it'll be only around 90 for the opener??

C5 Breaker

#11 Nimrod

Nimrod

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Love it Matt! And yes Dylan, looks like 88 degrees for opener...hope the forecast holds up :smiley_prayin_ani:

Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said,"like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD." ....................... -Genesis 10:8-9

#12 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

planning on getting after it after elk and turkey season but I'll be every weekend after that 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#13 skyscraper

skyscraper

News Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Attached File  IMG_1390.PNG   31.29KB   1 downloads
Well that's awesome

C5 Breaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users