6 replies to this topic

#1 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Well, after waiting six years to get a draw it finally happened. Sadly, I bumped just one forky with no chance to get a shot. Spent a whole week up there on the opening week and only managed to see does. Just curious if anybody else had success up there. None of the hunters I encountered were having any luck. Looks like I'll be looking for a new recipe for tag-soup.

#2 Arrowslinger

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear you didn’t see many but the lone buck. I’d consider yourself lucky that you were able to spend a week in the high country! Put your other tag to good use!

Big game hunter!

#3 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,399 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'm a late season last week kinda mammal enthusiast...especially in the X zones..at least when I lived in KA.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#4 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

See any dove when you were up there?

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

#5 Zblue

Zblue

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

My friend got a forkie during archery.  He said he had never seen so few deer and that they were really spread out...

#6 Fowl Play

Fowl Play

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

What elevation were you hunting? Some buddies bagged a couple deer but they were up high backpacking.

Edited by Fowl Play, 09 October 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#7 cspanky9913

cspanky9913

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 AM

I hunted X-9A for a week with brother and nephew after finally getting a tag after waiting six long years.  Hunted at elevations ranging from 7500 feet to 12,000 feet.  Tracked a buck (3x3) which I saw around 1250 yards away for several miles until it disappeared up above an incline greater than 45 degrees into high country.  Saw a 4x4 several miles away in high country, tried to get the buck while scoping continually, he went even higher.  Lots of does throughout area, bucks limited.  According to some locals the snow fall last year probably took a toll on the deer population.  Only wish I had more time to hunt area.  Think they were in higher elevations.  Had fun though.  As they say " a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users