6 replies to this topic

#1 meatgetter

meatgetter

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

Looking for some suggestions...  What is the best rechargeable LED flashlight out there?  What is the best bang for your buck?

I am looking for something that is very bright, relatively compact/light, rechargeable, and wont totally break the bank.

I'm tired of getting out to a pond in the pitch black (or worse, fog) and trying to get a lay of the land without being able to light up the place.

Fire away!  Thank you!

"We interrupt this marriage to bring you the hunting season."

#2 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

I got the Taclight T1100. You can Use Both aaa Or Rechargable. Like The Model Implies It Has 1100 Lumens Of Light Power. I Think U can Get One For$40 +-.

#3 bpnclark

bpnclark

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Streamlight has a large pen light for $40. Its brighter than most fullsize ones and its on a USB charger.

#4 TheGDog

TheGDog

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Nebo Redline Rechargeable - bought mine at my local Ace Hardware.

https://www.nebotool...p?id=374&cid=16

You can bring along a small 2200 mAh battery backup (and appropriate USB cable) for your phone and this thing.
And if you're going to be out there for awhile... just get one of those Lithium battery Solar charger packs instead.  

They're all over Amazon. You can get'em in various mAh ratings to address your weight concerns.

Just make sure before you put it in your bag that you rotate the metal clip over on top of the push-button to turn it on so that it will guard it against accidental turn-on.

https://www.nebotool...rManual(LR).pdf

Also you can back that up with a Panther Vision hunting cap with LED's built into the visor.

The Panther vision caps are crazy handy at the tent or when you've arrived back at your vehicle in the middle of he night and are exhausted and have already taken-off most everything else such as your pack and so forth.

Panther Vision also makes these neat tiny little LED clips that use a single CR2023 battery that put out 21 Lumens!  I have them in the car and at a few places around the house in case of power outage. 

The nebo litchswitch-shaped light they have works really neat inside your gun-safe! It has magnets on the back of it.

Edited by TheGDog, 02 August 2017 - 02:40 PM.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.

"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#5 Loveguns

Loveguns

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:I'm not sure

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Taclight works great for me

#6 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

Duracell, front aisle leaving home depot. Has worked great for me to light up our duck and goose spots. In the fields we use the truck lights anyway.

I haven't worried about anything too compact because I always bring in too much crap anyway....

Sorry Blake, I am no help.

#7 Mrfish

Mrfish

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

streamlight

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users