16 replies to this topic

#1 curtmann

curtmann

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

been busy as heck with life and biz.... I recognize a few names from a few years ago but don't expect anyone really remembers me, I'm a phantom member I guess... lol

anyway, put my son and nephew in a separate group for X9A... really expect they'll get drawn this year and I get to be the guide... it should be a great time even though I'm not hunting. my son knows what he's doing pretty well but my nephew, my bro in law passed a way when he was young.... he doesn't get out much. I've been building points for him for a few years, he's busy with school and getting hitched (too young, but has the desires....) anyway, they should have enough points and I get to take them out. my kid has dropped a big cow elk in recent years so he's got experience and knows the game but my nephew... he's green.

I'm excited... I think they'll certainly be successful as they have a great guide (first timer.... lol) maybe not a great trophy but i'll push them to be patient.

just babbling on, I'm bored and looking forward to the draw results.

my other kid, the younger one is in the draw for round valley, hatchet guided him to his first CA traditional forkey a couple years ago...

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you". Mat. 6:33
The gov't can't give something to someone that it hasn't first TAKEN from someone else!
hey liberals, we can't lower our standards, so up yours!

#2 BigWave

BigWave

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing!!

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Good luck to you guys curtmann!  How many points do they all have?  With the tag reductions up there, it may take a good handful of points to get a 9A tag this year, and for the following years as well.

#3 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,254 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

You a got a good kid there Curt..I do remember the sound of the bullet as he throat patched that southern CA. Forky.KAPOOW!
.good times. If he draws the round valley..give me a holler.. I know a guy that works the area.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#4 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

Welcome back Curt. Good luck this season. 

#5 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,077 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

Welcome back, Curt..........Used to love X9-A before it was X9-A.........Good luck in those draws....... :2: 

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#6 Ambush

Ambush

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Interests:hunting, climbing, offroading, beer drinking

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

Good luck and have fun.

Welcome back, Just don't break out with some rap crap we already got a genius rapper on board.

#7 BigWave

BigWave

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing!!

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

Good luck and have fun.

Welcome back, Just don't break out with some rap crap we already got a genius rapper on board.

:smiley-sideways-laff-aqua: :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

#8 fishingkid

fishingkid

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

How many points did they go into the draw with?

#9 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

We've got 6 points going into this draw and I saw there are only something like 270 tags for X9-A. Next year there will probably be only 75 or so. It just keeps getting better all the time! Good luck to all who have put in for this zone. Seems like rather slim odds.

#10 hatchet1

hatchet1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,254 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

WHATS THE WORD CURT?

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

#11 American outlaw

American outlaw

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishin,and raising Labs.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

Well I didn't draw it with 4 points, so hopefully those 6 got you guys a tag.

#12 curtmann

curtmann

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

they got it! 4.5 point average between the 2 of them... I'm so freaking jazzed right now and I'm not even hunting....

hatchet.... I remember you cracking on my boy... SHOOT THAT DEER.... he was a little hesitant but got er' done...

this is the older boy this time in X9A

the younger one did not get round valley... he'll  be 16 next year so I think that was his last chance, as a junior.... never give up!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you". Mat. 6:33
The gov't can't give something to someone that it hasn't first TAKEN from someone else!

#13 curtmann

curtmann

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on the winter kill... i'll be putting in some scout time this summer, wifey be damned... I'm still going!

#14 hatchet1

hatchet1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,254 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

right on!!! CA bumped the junior age up to 18 so your good for a few more years..and yep..them bucks aint glued to the pasture..your boy did good on that hunt..KAPOOW!

#15 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

I heard the rationale for the drastic reduction in tags was winter kill but I talked to a few locals that said they're not buying it, more likely due to politics.  They all said that the population was super healthy.  I was up there a couple weeks ago and saw quite a few live ones and saw more than I cared to see splattered on the highway.  Good luck!

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users