12 replies to this topic

#1 Cazador Suerte

Cazador Suerte

Lucky Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

My 4 year old lab had a tumor pop up on her belly earlier this year.  Had it cut out and pathology came back as Grade 2 Mast Cell Tumor.  Not great, but it was all cut out.

Last week, another one popped up in a different location.  Not good.  Waiting a week or two to see if more pop up before having this second one taken off.

Not interested in the pet oncology route, so if they start coming in numbers we will have to make a decision.  At this point, lifestyle of dog has not been negatively effected.

Anyone else have any experience with this kind of thing??  Thoughts?

#2 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,711 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

I don't have any experience with it, but I am truly sorry you and your dog have to deal with it. Hope all turns out well.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#3 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

My wife and I made the mistake of trying the chemo rout on our GSP after they told us it was cancer. We and Rommel had six Mo. of misery. I  will not put another dog though  that kind of no life style. On that note our GSP just got back from the Vet and they found a tumor in his mouth that, as she put it does not look good. When the results come back, if they are positive for cancer, I will have him put down. This is not a good day. 

#4 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,926 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

My wife and I made the mistake of trying the chemo rout on our GSP after they told us it was cancer. We and Rommel had six Mo. of misery. I will not put another dog though that kind of no life style. On that note our GSP just got back from the Vet and they found a tumor in his mouth that, as she put it does not look good. When the results come back, if they are positive for cancer, I will have him put down. This is not a good day.

Dam... sorry to hear that!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#5 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,711 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:54 PM

Definitely not a good dog-news day on TOF.

Hope the news is better than you expect GDL

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#6 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,077 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

Trigger's got one on his belly.....Hasn't gotten any bigger in a year.....He'll just have to live with it.

ps.....His dad, who will be 13 or 14 soon, has all kinds of them.....Still kickin' it.

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#7 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,711 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Trigger's got one on his belly.....Hasn't gotten any bigger in a year.....He'll just have to live with it.

ps.....His dad, who will be 13 or 14 soon, has all kinds of them.....Still kickin' it.

mast cell tumors (cancer) or lipomas (benign subcutaneous fatty deposits)?

― Edward Abbey

#8 One Track

One Track

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

Sorry to hear that!  Sucks!

I saw a lynx at Tejon.

#9 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

sent you a PM, my neighbor went through the same thing, call him

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#10 Bohunter

Bohunter

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

my Lab has 2 of them, took him to the Vet and they pulled some fluid from them, and she said it was just fatty tissue. One is on his front leg joint, Vet said it might grow and impead his movement, he's 9 and I'm thinking about having it removed, any thoughts...

#11 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for your thoughts guys. The news on Axl is all good. We are one happy family again. :smiley_yeehaw_ani:

#12 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,711 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

Awesome news!  Give him a special dinner tonight.

Axl  ... good name for a GSP

― Edward Abbey

#13 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

He got 8 oz. Ribeye, Med rare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users