socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14195 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

Any thoughts on these?

http://www.vortexopt...10x42-binocular

The warden and I are stepping up our optics game. Reeeaaalllly like the vortex guarente/warranty!! We Have looked through the Razors and the Vipers, pretty hard to justify double the price on the razors. But the range finder addition on the Furrys has me intrigued.

Who's rolling with Vortex?

Any thoughts?

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#2 THE_NEW_GUY

THE_NEW_GUY

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl hunting, deep sea fishing turkey hunting.

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

I really like my vipersHD 10X42. they work great, and what's even better the warranty. I Drop mine on some rocks and broke the glass in them. I sent them back to vortex expecting to pay for replacement but vortex replace the glass free of charge.
I love my family, I love my guns, I love my country, I love the way it is now and if you want to change it; your going to have to come through me. That should be all of our attitude.

#3 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8928 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

I really like the idea of a bino and range finder all in one.  As for Vortex they take a beating for sure there what I have on my fire engine and are some really clear glass

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#4 JNDEER

JNDEER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3669 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

bino with rangefinders in them have to limit the layering on the glass to make the rangefinder work. IE they are not HD glass and may lack in that category. IMO the razor are a big step up from the vipers especially in FOV.

#5 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14195 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

bino with rangefinders in them have to limit the layering on the glass to make the rangefinder work. IE they are not HD glass and may lack in that category. IMO the razor are a big step up from the vipers especially in FOV.

Thanks for the input..... I need to read that review that you wrote again.

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#6 montana13

montana13

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:39 AM

A LOT of people have had experience with their great warranty, including myself. I prefer to have a product that doesn't need repairs. The warranty does you no good in the field. I would rather buy a used bino from one of the better brands.

Edited by montana13, 05 March 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#7 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

check the fine print on the range finding side I've found that many companies with great warranties on glass dont have a very good warranty on the electronics so look closely because they are bound to break

There is such a thing as a "dumb question" use the brain God gave you and try to figure it out you'll be a better person for it and you'll learn more

#8 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

My fav product from them are my 8x28 Daimondbacks. I have the 10x42's... but for some reason the 8x28's are clearer. And tons lighter and a bit better eye relief.  I have their 11-33x50mm Razor Spotter as well. I bet if they put a belt-clip on the straight version of that spotter that one device could be your do-everything optic. But yeah... realistically for most non open-country hunting... the 8x28's are all you'd really need. Easy to hold'em steady to.

Edited by TheGDog, 08 March 2017 - 08:45 PM.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users