#1 fishingkid

fishingkid

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

I've heard nothing but great things about vortex glass and customer service. I am currently using some 7 year old 8x42 bushnell waterproof binoculars. I never purchased new glass as I believed I did fine with my $120 pair and loved the eye pieces. Well now I'm in the market for a upgrade considering the 10x42 vortex but I cannot decide what model I should go with I looked through the diamondback the talon HD and the viper HD today at bass pro kinda tough to get a good feel for them inside the store. I have $270 in bass pro gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Any recommendations any one have experience with any 2 of these models wondering if it's worth spending the extra money.

#2 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13326 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

Both excellent

Apples and oranges..cant go wrong with either one...so im told.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#3 D12 Tracker

D12 Tracker

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying the outdoors
    Mule deer hunting in the desert.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

Optics is probably the one true place that more money will buy better quality. Get the absolute best you can muster the cash for. You won't regret it.
"Live life like you have the only tag!"

#4 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

I own the 10 x 42 Diamondbacks and thought they were great compared to my Bushnells (& they are).....I now have Swarovski 10x42's EL's.....Best investment I ever made.

IMO you can't go wrong with Vortex glass and I still use them for turkey hunting (lighter than the Swaro's)..... :two-cents:

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#5 JNDEER

JNDEER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3669 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

Most all hd glass is better then non hd.

Eastern hunter talon would be dineZ
Western hunter I would say honestly save a few months to get the razor. The talon is ok, I personally thought the fov on the viper were not pleasing.

#6 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16058 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

the HD glass helps you see in the shadows better. good chocic 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#7 nickstone

nickstone

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

Just an FYI, Vortex has an AMAZING military discount program if you are, or were ever military or LE, I know you said you had a gift card, but sierra trading post had 10x42 diamondbacks on sale the other day for 129.00, you can get  find 30% off coupon codes online too. 

#8 fishingkid

fishingkid

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

Got the Vortex 10x42 viper HD binoculars so far I love them only complaint I have is I miss my eye pieces from the bushnell binoculars really liked having the rubber cups that blocked out all the back light and they were really comfortable glassing for long periods of time I could not find any higher end glass with similar rubber cups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users