#1 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3687 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:29 AM

Never tried this before and wasn't sure how it would turn out actually I had my doubts. It is fantastic

6 in thick tuna steaks (YFT is okay) 2 cups pulp free OJ, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 cup red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, some chopped onion, 4 gloves garlic, 1tsp red pepper flakes, 1TBSP cumin, 1tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1.5tsp pickling spices( I skipped this, because I was out of it), 1 6 oz. can tomato paste, 1/2 cup sugar. Mix all, put tuna in dish large enough to hold them in one layer. cover with marinade. put in frig overnight, up to 24 hrs. turn a few time during marinating time. Grill on oiled grill 3 mins. per side. pre-heat oven to 375, put tuna in baking dish, put 1 TBSP marinade or more over steaks, bake in oven for 4 or 5 mins. If you like you can put a little butter on top when serving. I used thicker steaks maybe 1.5 -2 ". Wife just loved it.

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:11 AM

Don't throw the heads and bones away! Break em up a bit so they fit in the pan, cover with water and boil well. Strain the whole thing and salt to taste. If its a bit fishy for you ad few slices of ginger to the strained broth and cook a few more minutes. Those fish make some of the best fish stock!

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users