13 replies to this topic

#1 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

Anyone ever tried an 82A by Vanguard if looks like it has a lot of nice features and a decent price has quite a few good reviews but I don't know. I can't drop a ton of money on a scope right now I've been on a tight budget with my foot. I may just end up going the Vortex route I wod like a 60 power with a 80 mm obj. Anyways opinions welcomed.
There is such a thing as a "dumb question" use the brain God gave you and try to figure it out you'll be a better person for it and you'll learn more

#2 JNDEER

JNDEER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3731 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

Not sure on that one. Here is a good review.

http://www.rokslide....rformance-value

#3 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Sweet that's a better review than the others I found thanks for posting that up I may end up with the 65 angled
There is such a thing as a "dumb question" use the brain God gave you and try to figure it out you'll be a better person for it and you'll learn more

#4 nickstone

nickstone

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

I just picked up a Vanguard endeavor ed 65s this year and freaking love the thing. I own a vortex scope and some binos and this thing blows them away. I bought mine brand new off ebay for 312 shipped with the warranty card

#5 nickstone

nickstone

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

I also saw this the other day.

https://sacramento.c...5068075655.html

Or If you want to check mine out I'm in el dorado county. Shoot me a pm

#6 JNDEER

JNDEER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3731 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

Nick- which vortex spotter did you compare it with?

#7 nickstone

nickstone

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

Before I bought mine I had looked through vortex diamondback 20-60x60, viper hd 20-60x80, and a razor hd20-60x85, and a razor hd 11-33x50. I looked at them in store and between stuff friends own. I own a pair of vortex diamondback 10x42's and a 4x12x40 AO diamondback rifle scope. I've been happy with all my vortex stuff and was getting ready to buy a viper hd 20-60x80 because I didn't feel like the quality between the viper and razor justified the price difference. 

I'd read the rokslide article you posted but couldn't find anybody selling vanguard stuff around me to check out before I bought it. 2 guys on rokslide told me they sold their razors and liked vanguard better. When I found the one on ebay for $312 I pulled the trigger thinking I could just sell it if I didn't like it. 

I thought I had about 15 mins of light left when I picked it up from my po box so I rushed home. I probably used it for 30-40 mins after I got home. It really impressed me in low light conditions.  I took it to work the next day because a few guys I work with are in the market for spotters too. They were all impressed by it. At lunch we found quite a few deer in a few mins at probably 2-4 miles away. 

They only thing I woulda MAYBE done different is go with an 82 just to cover more ground. But I'm also happy with the weight of the 65. I'm trying to decide on a cheap compact backpacking tripod now, if you guys have any suggestions.

Shoot me a pm if you wanna check mine out. 

#8 JNDEER

JNDEER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3731 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for writing that up. Good stuff, I may have to look into that spotter. That is great it has been working out for you.

I have a Vanguard pt or vt with the permanent screw mount on the head. Cheap, but doesn't weigh much and works just fine if your sitting to spot.

I also use a manfrotto pistol grip cheapo. It expands to high enough to stand and glass if no wind. It is wobbly, but works for our second spotter and doesn't weigh too much.

#9 nickstone

nickstone

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

Thanks, I've been looking at the manfrotto pistol grip and the one right above it. 

#10 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

No regrets not going with th 82mm?  I'm torn between the two and I'm leaning toward the 65 based on weight but the 82 would be great for road hunting and the range.

#11 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

When i first saw these on Amazon they were offering one of their Carbon fiber tri-pods with it free but I wanted to do more research now that I've seen enough positive reviews and I'm ready to pull the trigger that deal is gone of course.

#12 JNDEER

JNDEER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3731 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

I have not looked through an 82. The 65 is needed to put a fork on a CA forky at first and last light, even at close distances like 350-400 yards. I don't know if the 82 would be a jump like the 65 is from a 50, but the 65 works for me right now.

#13 nickstone

nickstone

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Cabelas and a couple other places had the free tripod rebate a few weeks ago. I think they have them pretty often if you shop around a bit.

#14 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Just got my 65 angled and I love it took it to work this week and went outside morning noon and night and it's awesome. I was at the range just last week looking through a Swaro 60 power I just don't think that kind of quality is worth another $2000 for me right now I'm stoked on this purchase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users