#16 mjb

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4217 posts
  • Interests:Keeping my freezer full of fur, feathers, fins & shells

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

Steve that's why I always have a filter.......poor maid......you know how many animals you kissed???

I've had great luck with the camelback Omega no leaks. But the blue one leak years ago they sent a new one the replacement has had no leaks. I realy like the quick connect to the water filter. I also carry a platypus that is my back up & cooking water it collapse so it won't make any noise.

#17 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

When need to carry all the water you'll ever have with you in there....2 Platypus 70oz and the Badlands Hydration bladder that's 70oz. and a 700ml vapur bottle. OR... sometimes instead of 2 Platypus bottles I'll do 1, and 2 of the 1liter vapur bottle-bags. The bags are where it's at! When you close them you remove the air... their quiet in your pack. AS they deflate the water you get back space in your pack. The vapur bottles are nice to drink from when you're on your sit. it's easy to drink from them super quietly. The vapur bottles have a flip-over top cover on their drinking spout. They also have a carabiner clip build onto them. On the pack-out works real good to click one onto your chest up front. After sippin' on the hydration bladder peters out...you can just unclick the vapur bag and don't have to stop your forward progress on the pack out to fuss with getting back into the bag to refill the main bladder.  The vapur bags are like 25-27bucks... the platypus bags like 13-14 and are bigger but they have a screw-top which can be easy to lose if proper precautions are not taken. The vapur bags have like a nice wide mouth to them 1.5" diameter opening... an attached flip-top cap that swings over and remains connected to the bottle mean no losing silly caps.  the platypus bags like maybe 3/4" or 7/8" opening. Highly recommend going with the platypus and vapur combo. They seem to do well with holding in the cold temp in the water too on the crazy hot days.

Edited by TheGDog, 28 October 2016 - 10:34 PM.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#18 Jackie Cooper

Jackie Cooper

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:25 PM

I always take a water filter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users