• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 HOGHUNTER714

HOGHUNTER714

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Huntin....Hogs, Deer, Elk, Bear, Varmits, WaterFowl & Upland Game. Fishing Salt & Fresh, Backpacking, Off Roading and spending time with the family.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

Here's my 2 cents on Quads and SXS......I have owned both and they each of them have their place. In a hunting situation, I prefer a SXS. Here's why I feel that way. A side x side can hold 2 or more people. It typically has a bed to hold your game (Deer, Elk, Hog, Etc.). Can also hold a lot of gear and ice chest if you plan on being out all day. Most side x sides can go anywhere a quad can go.

I like the Polaris Ranger. It's one of the widest on the market and stabilty is key when your searching for the right SXS. I have road in every brand on the market. Polaris still gets my vote for comfort, ride, Large Gas Tank, 4WD System, Stabilty, Largest Bed Capacity on the Market, Etc.

I have only got my Polaris stuck one time and had to winch out. That was my own fault cause I was testing the limits of the machine and it was a test. Thay are a lot of fun. GoodLuck!!!!

HUNTING THE WEST AND BEYOND!!!!!!!

DU Member

NWA Member

NRA Member

*** Proper Planning, Prevents Piss Poor Preformance ***

#17 2rocky

2rocky

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

What is the story on down hill holdback and the clutch system? 

There was a guy in Nevada that said he had a UTV "run away" with him downhill in low gear. 

Might have been a racing model. 

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#18 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,999 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

the experience I have had is you will always have to have brake assist on steep down hills

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#19 Raised in Alaska

Raised in Alaska

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

Each toy has an environment where it shines above the rest.  If you have no need for speed, but want to go where others cannot an Argo can be tough to beat if your destination includes mud and swamps.  Here is some video that shows an Argo in mud pulling a trailer with more than 600 pounds of gear https://www.youtube....h?v=o_z5oycMMec.

Edited by Raised in Alaska, 21 June 2016 - 07:11 AM.

#20 El Maton

El Maton

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

Get one of each...problem solved!

Man sucks getting old!  :smiley-oops-yellow:

Edited by El Maton, 22 June 2016 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users