16 replies to this topic

#1 Baldplate

Baldplate

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well, we are going to try this one more time. After a conflict in the spring time with the Ducks Unlimited Dinner (no one's fault), I decided the better part of valor for both organizations was to reschedule.

So, come Saturday June 22, we will be hosting the Simi valley CWA Dinner at the Lost Canyons Golf Club here in Simi Valley. It will start with cocktails at 5:30. Chuck Hamilton (he is a one man committee) has been working very hard to collect some very nice door prizes to go along with the usual stuff from CWA. This is a very nice venue to take your spouse or significant other out for the evening. Children are welcome and we will have a special drawing for prizes just for the young folks. I hope to see many of you on June 22. Check the CWA website for further details or send me an e-mail for assistance with tickets.

Blair, Dinner Chairman

#2 goose gobbler

goose gobbler

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I will be there with the Fam! Already asked for the following day off from work.

#3 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,244 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Blair,

All the best on your banquet..............CWA is the one and perhaps the only hunting organization that fights for ALL our hunting rights in California.

Please support this organization........ :smiley_tofrocks:

ps........For you guys further south........The CWA dinner in North San Diego Co. (Vista) is August 17th. 

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#4 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

CANT WAIT!!! SWEET JESUS!!

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

*****AND NEW TEXAS HOMEOWNER!!!!!*****

#5 PinTeal34

PinTeal34

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Location:Northern Mexico(San Diego) where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed
  • Interests:Hunting,Shooting,Fishing

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Blair,

All the best on your banquet..............CWA is the one and perhaps the only hunting organization that fights for ALL our hunting rights in California.

ps........For you guys further south........The CWA dinner in North San Diego Co. (Vista) is August 17th. 

What do you guys do at these things, this is at the elks lodge right?

"Hippies...Hippies all around me. They say they wanna save the world but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad" -- Eric Cartman

#6 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Matt,

I know some of you guys like to make fun of duck hunters and duck hunting........But, IMO, if it wasn't for waterfowlers and organizations like CWA. Hunting would already be a thing of the past in California........That includes your deer and pigs.

Ducks & duck hunting are big business in Sacramento area (& central Cal). I would venture to say that the ricers and other large agricultural businesses have paid their fair share to lobbyists in Sacramento to keep their multi-million dollar duck clubs and hunting intact........The trickle down keeps all hunting for Californians open.

CWA fought the steel shot proposal till then end (Ducks Unlimited did not). They knew at that time it would start the end of hunting in California. It has now evolved to rifle and will soon be statewide. CWA also stopped the ban on dove hunting a number of years ago.......Another big business and revenue provider

So, someday you may want to thank an organization like CWA & duckers that we get to hunt at all....... :two-cents:

CWA Life Member

#7 hatchet1

hatchet1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Steve..you have a bad day? Duck season starts in oct.bro...little bit of a wait...but its coming...I appreciate your passion!

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

#8 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,989 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

I think what he's saying hatch.... Cowboy up and attended one of these dinners ... You might be surprised how much fun they are! And the kids would have a blast also!

Not many other worthy organizations to support in Cali.
STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Yeah Matt..............I didn't catch or kill one thing today............... :lol:

The rant wasn't poked at just you........It was intented for everyone who just sit on their hands and watch our beloved state and our outdoor heritage circle the drain..............I do have passion. And I won't go down without a fight.............Just wish more guys would put their money where their mouths are..........That includes fisherman!............. :4ku6495_th:

I think I'll have a drink............ :2:

CWA Life Member

#10 hatchet1

hatchet1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Guys,,i get it..with 4 children and being a member of every org. i can think of..i get it!!  we are "all in" or we are not..steve.. you are a spokesman for all bro...wish we had more like you out there!! :smiley-faces-toast-beers:

#11 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

More Money Shots....Please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Blair,

What do you guys do at these things, this is at the elks lodge right?

Definitely worth attending Pinteal. They are fun, just pricey if you do a few a year. Dinners are usually around $50-$75 but they include your membership. Then you buy raffle tickets, play games, and win hunting gear. Most importantly... guns.

With my work with the NWTF we usually tried to offer about 1 gun for every 8-10 persons.

Formerly Chompot

#12 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Aaron,

It's a great time with like minded guys........Mostly grass root waterfowlers....... :2:

If you can't afford it, let me know............I'll pay your way and you can sit at our table.

CWA Life Member

#13 HanktheTankSB

HanktheTankSB

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting deer, pig, quail, duck, pheasant, rabbit, dove, chukar...

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Looking forward to this one guys.  Quail Forever Ventura Annual fundraiser shoot is in the AM.  I'm sure my better half will join me for the country club dinner...not so sure about the shoot/BBQ in Newhall!

+1 Steve - Thank goodness for all the bird guys that hunt once a year, we would be in serious trouble without all those votes and dollars.  I'll join you for that drink if I see you there!

#14 PinTeal34

PinTeal34

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Location:Northern Mexico(San Diego) where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed
  • Interests:Hunting,Shooting,Fishing

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Steve,
I have no excuse not to go, that place is within walking distance of my house.

How much to get in, raffle ticket cost, so you guys just hang out with everyone there

What are the chances of walking away with a gun

"Hippies...Hippies all around me. They say they wanna save the world but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad" -- Eric Cartman

#15 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

More Money Shots....Please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Steve,
I have no excuse not to go, that place is within walking distance of my house.

How much to get in, raffle ticket cost, so you guys just hang out with everyone there

What are the chances of walking away with a gun

Good chance. My safe is filled with a few banquet guns. My dad always has the damn good luck.

Formerly Chompot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users