6 replies to this topic

#1 DOG ON POINT

DOG ON POINT

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2959 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

reached that age where I'M wearing bifocals... I've noticed lately that when I'm looking through my scope I have to use the lower part of my glasses to get a clear view of what I'm aiming at? any suggestions? cheap scope? Will a better scope help me see better?

#2 ilovesprig

ilovesprig

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Rusty,

I wear glasses as well (not bifocals).............I would think you could get straight glasses, non-bifovals.............I don't like wearing glasses while looking though any bio or scope (& sometimes take them off). Bio's can be adjusted with the eye cup. Scopes, as far I know, cannot. I don't think the quality of the scope makes a difference. I know my Nikon & Leupold's don't have adjustments for glasses. I do set my scope a little farther forward................... :two-cents:

San Diego County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner
"Friends of Wister" Volunteer
CWA Life Member

"Take'em sounds alot like gun fire" (Lujack... circa: 1998)

"Hey, I got my Limit" (Lujack...circa:2007)

#3 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14195 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

try looking through progresive lense glasses....its all jacked up!! if you figure it out let me know!

even worse looking through the peep sight on my bow!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#4 vintage 1946

vintage 1946

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

I wear progressive trifocals. I do fine by adjusting the focus on the scope eyepiece to match my eye glass vision with my cheek on the buttstock. For binocs and spotter i wear those eye glass lanyards and drop down the glasses -- cumbersome but works for me.

#5 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16058 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

hell you cant shot anyway socal duckie.............

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#6 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14195 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

....... It's because of the glasses mike! Duh ;)

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#7 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16058 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I need some air freshener

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users