• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Fo those that digg the fast and furious..i just purchased this very underated rifle..i topped it with a vortex 6-18 crossfire 2[best bang for your buck in my opinion}..im shooting 100grain barnes tsx thru her{not by choice..but by mandate do to this f'ed up state and the dodo bird}..anyways...with rifle...scope..bases&rings...and even ammo at 33.00 a box....im into to it for under 600..just thought id throw it out there to some of the dudes looking for an inexpensive tack driver...im actually thinking of snaking it from my kids and making it my prime killer..its that f'ing good!! word to any other dudes into rifles??? DAMN IT I MISS T-MONEY..HE'D BE ALL OVER THIS TOPIC...

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

*****AND NEW TEXAS HOMEOWNER!!!!!*****

#2 way

way

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

i've been playing with a savage 110 lh in .25-06 the last couple seasons. it works....

"caught em slippin!"

"hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.....kid" - Han Solo

"you better shoot him again!"

#3 BDB

BDB

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

I have the Howa 1500 in 30-06. Love the rifle. Nikon Monarch 3-9 on mine. I can't use the damn thing here much though. Most areas I hunt are shotgun only and when I do get into a rifle zone I usually take the lever as it's pretty thick cover. Oh well, one day again I'll take her for a hike in the woods.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey

#4 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

I have a custom Mauser 98 in 25/06.... Douglas barrel, classic walnut stock with cocobolo grip cap and fore end, Timney trigger, model 70 safety, Leupold VIII scope.... what a beautiful girl. Hasn't been fired in over 25 years... just sayin.... Ed F

#5 SDHNTR

SDHNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

I have a custom Mauser 98 in 25/06.... Douglas barrel, classic walnut stock with cocobolo grip cap and fore end, Timney trigger, model 70 safety, Leupold VIII scope.... what a beautiful girl. Hasn't been fired in over 25 years... just sayin.... Ed F

Wow! I'm surprised you even know what those word mean. I'm kinda impressed.

#6 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

thats a bad ass set up right there...one can never own to many guns..even if not fired... sdhntr...please stick to the bird forum.. :smiley-wnk-yellow:

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

*****AND NEW TEXAS HOMEOWNER!!!!!*****

#7 jevc

jevc

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I got the same gun. Like it so well I am going to get a bigger one for my elk rifle:) the price was right.

#8 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

My Dad bought a Marlin 25-06 to keep back in South Dakota for Deer. I haven't shot it yet but he says it shoots nice.

Hic Ego Statio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users