#1 shortreed

shortreed

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing setting huge spreads and putting on a show

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

I am looking to buy a white tailgate for my 1999 Ford F250 XLT Turbo Diesel. I had just had mine stolen just a few weeks ago. My tailgate had a lock on it but I never ever kept it lock... figured that most people are honest I guess not. Just typing this pisses me off I will for now on keep my new one lock 24/7. Any ways I am looking for a new one now that the hunt season is here having a tailgate is a must. If any one has one that they would like to part with or if any one knows of any one else that would like to sell please PM me or reply to this post. Also if any one knows of where I can get one...pic a part, junk yard, or any where at all please help me out. I'm trying to avoid going thru the insurance company and trying to pay less than my deductible. Thank-you

#2 STEVE IN SOCAL

STEVE IN SOCAL

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

I have a 2000 F-250 tailgate you can borrow til you find one. It's a desert sand color, not white, though.
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." --Roman philosopher and statesman Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

#3 upper

upper

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

Just an idea Shorty,maybe try a place that builds flatbeds.They may have a takeoff at a good price...........Upper

#4 shortreed

shortreed

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing setting huge spreads and putting on a show

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Steve, I appreciate the offer but I don't like being responsible for other peoples things.

#5 gatorfan

gatorfan

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

Here's one for $133+ tax/shipping

http://www.partstrai...ot-3L/9845.html

You'll have to buy the handle and associated parts separately.

Edited by gatorfan, 19 August 2011 - 10:55 AM.

Credo Quia Absurdum

#6 STEVE IN SOCAL

STEVE IN SOCAL

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (shortreed @ Aug 19 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve, I appreciate the offer but I don't like being responsible for other peoples things.

No worries. It's just sitting in my garage...my new shell has swing out doors. It does have a BUSH for president sticker on it...just sayin

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." --Roman philosopher and statesman Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users