4 replies to this topic

#1 2rocky

2rocky

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on introducing kids to ocean fishing? I live 20 minutes from Bodega Bay, and I think there is a couple of boats that go out of there. This is new territory for me so be gentle...
An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#2 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

My brother in law fishes out of Bodega on an annual trip. They camp on the beach in their motor homes. He does this combo trip where they set crab pots first then head out and catch halibut and salmon. They return at the end of the day to pick up the pots and split the crab between everyone. Seafood bonanza. I will check with him and find out what the gig is all about. I'm hoping to get at least one of my daughters out on a half day boat in the next couple weeks. Can't wait. I love my kids... Ed F

#3 DeltaDan

DeltaDan

"So this dyslexic alcoholic walked into a bra......."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts
  • Location:Oakley, California (via Brentwood- about 4 miles down the road)

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Late Aug thru early Nov are the flatest of oceans on the Nor Coast.

The crabing will not be in season on those dates. not sure how the Rock Fishing season will be open as I have not read the Reg's

You will have to register here first ~~> http://gaffngun.com/ but they will give you perdy much the skinny on everything as they broke off from FullSpeedFishing.

These people know AND SHARE the Nor-Cal waters, experience and boats. As well as the South. They havejust flat out been on a WSB Terror down there !!

beer-toast.gif
I have been Re-Born into the Paternal BrothA'hood of the Lounge Lizards ~!!
~~ Blood in....... Blood Out.... Thats how we roll Baby !!

"Restoration- It is the key to Habitat and it's Preservation where Natures Game can take it's Refugation- as long as there is not Conservation that kills off the Hunting/Gaming Equation- leading into Unmanned Depredation of Natures Transformation." ( A Coors Light momentary thought. )

#4 2rocky

2rocky

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

Well Ed, You will have to let me know when you come. You drive by my house to get to Bodega Bay. I'd say your girls might like to play with some baby calves, and get the "tour" from our 3 year old.
An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#5 franklin

franklin

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

I go out as often as I can with my son and his kids. His 8yr old daughter loves it out there even though she gets a little green. I let her drive the boat and when she gets a hook up she's all in.
His 2yr old son just wants to get in the water. Take your eyes off him and he's climbing the sides and trying to jump in.
My grandkids rtange in age from 1yr, 2yr, 4yr, 5yr, 8yr, and 15. The only one that doesn't like the water. My 15yr old grandson! I started him to late I guess. The rest of them love it.
Get them kids out!
fishing hunting hiking camping any and all of it as often as possible.
You'll never regret a minute of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users