27 replies to this topic

#1 mouthcallinmatt

mouthcallinmatt

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

I just spoke with RTIN who attended the campground drawing. He said that it seemed to go smoothly. I didn't get a head count from him but he said that initially everyone who applied was drawn except for 2 applications due to running out of sites. Afterwards Scott, Adolpho and those who showed up went down to the campground and found ways to add more sites. I think Rob said they added 10 more sites but don't quote me on that. That being said, anyone who didn't get in on the drawing had better find out when they plan on issuing any remaining sites. They will be on a first come first served basis but I don't know when that will start.

A couple of the group sites got expanded as they were a bit too small.

Apparently this is more popular than originally expected. I sure hope that everyone is able to follow the rules so that we have this privilege for many years to come.

#2 API

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,354 posts
  • Interests:What?

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

It's good to hear that those not drawn during the initial go-around are accommodated. I was there representing Lujack (got a site). While standing around, I did an eyeball headcount. There appeared to be 45+ hopefuls on site. The drawing process was not confusing and the crowd was cordial. JMO, there really is a need for some kind of preference points system to recognize valuable FOW type contributions. Maybe some lessons learned from this year can be applied for the future. two-cents.gif

DUE TO THE PRICE INCREASE ON AMMUNITION...
DO NOT EXPECT A WARNING SHOT !
Thank you for your understanding 

"I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa ― not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car". Wil Shriner

"It's okay to take your meds with beer." - Ray Kelly

#3 slinky_70

slinky_70

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

I was there for the drawing and I will also say everything went very well. Want to thank Scott Sewell for his approval of everything taking place. He is really behind all of us hunters and wants this to be successful. Hope everyone agrees.
They decided to add 11 more sites. I think there was going to be 5 along Davis road and 6 at the south end. Also the first 2 group sites were going to be made 10' larger by extending them south.

#4 duckwidow

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

Jim went he said it went smooth, but that they were short a couple sites. I kind of thought that it would be tight. We got a spot, but I was worried that some may have driven down and not got a spot, but it sounds like they worked it out smiley-thumbs-up-aqua.gif (Jim had to leave , so he wasn't sure) I am a little confused about the group sites...is the plan to put 5 trailors (each) on those spots or five groups of campers with maybe one or two trailors and some tent campers? so when you applie for a group spot do you need the same info or do you need the names of those in your group? sorry if this was already answered somewhere. Anyway we will be down next week with the trailor 4gi59uu_th.gif let the moving in begin! (PS I have already been voted out of opener unless I get drawn biggrin.gif (I guess I am only good for one thing, waterfowl reservations huh.gif . the boys decided I wont like the heat, or the sweatline, so I am staying home, I was outnumbered)but I will be looking for some quail on quail opener smiley_10sign.gif

Edited by duckwidow, 06 October 2009 - 05:19 PM.

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go" A.Lincoln

#5 Lujack

Lujack

Mr. September

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

You can hunt with API and I duckwidow. I sure hope you get a good draw. wink.gif
I once killed a twelve pack, just to watch it die.
"Anyone can put decoys on top of goose 5hit and kill 'em."(Tim Grounds 2006)
"Are we going to shoot these things or not?"(Steve Sessions circa 1999)
"What in the WORLD?"(Steve Trig circa every day)
If you have any questions about my motivation for posting click HERE
-Lujack

#6 Crimson Crusher

Crimson Crusher

Fredthegad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl and deer hunting and pig hunting and quail hunting and chuckar hunting dove i can take or leave but it's still hunting Fishing yes, what ever I can catch

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

DW the Group sites are for no less than 3 and no more than 5 RV's. What is concidered to be an RV are to be detrmined by Fish and Game. No tents will be allowed in the permit parking area's Period! Nor free standing awnings.No tents even for an over night stay or to house your decoys. All tents must be located below the permit campground.

The draw went smooth, A few people showed up thinking that cause they were there they would get to pic before someone who was not. If you were not there and your name was called they put you in a spot starting with 1 and so on in numerical order as spots were open. Being there just gave you a choice when your name came up which I thought was fair.

Sounds like they will be enforcing the rules so watch yer step laugh.gif Sad we have to have rules, once you have 1 rule there are always more to follow.

two-cents.gif Scotts doing a great job smiley_10sign.gif and he care's I'm glad he's running the show, things are changing on the Refuge in a good way 2.gif

AKA FredtheGad

Some folks are like seagulls. All they do is eat sqawk and $hit, and are protected by our goverment!

#7 duckwidow

duckwidow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Mike, I hope you got your favorite spot this year!!
"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go" A.Lincoln

#8 duckwidow

duckwidow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Lujack @ Oct 6 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can hunt with API and I duckwidow. I sure hope you get a good draw. wink.gif

if I get drawn I will suddenly be more popular..... cross-fingers.gif (I'll let you know...LOL)

#9 Rooster

Rooster

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

I hope my waterfowl draw luck goes better than my trailer draw luck,I did manage to get second to last pick. biggrin.gif The Wister staff did a great job and as others have said it went very smooth.....even saw a few birds and Ilovesprig in his new duck hunting get up. smiley_10sign.gif

It's just around the corner folks!!!!! smiley-clappin-yellow.gif
When the Mountains turn blue...it's as cold as the Rockies.

#10 Crimson Crusher

Crimson Crusher

Fredthegad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl and deer hunting and pig hunting and quail hunting and chuckar hunting dove i can take or leave but it's still hunting Fishing yes, what ever I can catch

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (duckwidow @ Oct 6 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smiley-cool-shades-down.gif

AKA FredtheGad

Some folks are like seagulls. All they do is eat sqawk and $hit, and are protected by our goverment!

#11 Rooster

Rooster

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Funny how things work out huh Mike huh.gif . Thanks for the tour today. 2.gif
When the Mountains turn blue...it's as cold as the Rockies.

#12 Crimson Crusher

Crimson Crusher

Fredthegad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

It's all good Rooster 2.gif We'll all be happier then hogs wallering in mud laugh.gif I like the way it worked out and so does the group......you can bet we'll be better neighbors smiley-cool-shades-down.gif

AKA FredtheGad

#13 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Mikey are we still in the same spot? smiley-dancin-red.gif
I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#14 Silver Mallard

Silver Mallard

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Skeet @ Oct 7 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mikey are we still in the same spot? smiley-dancin-red.gif

Pretty much Skeet, just Dan and I are moving in with you guys beer-toast.gif

#15 API

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,354 posts
  • Interests:What?

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Crimson Crusher @ Oct 6 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tradition is tradition. Will we see fiddlin' on the trailer roof? smiley-dancin-red.gif smiley-violin.gif

DUE TO THE PRICE INCREASE ON AMMUNITION...
DO NOT EXPECT A WARNING SHOT !
Thank you for your understanding 

"I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa ― not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car". Wil Shriner

"It's okay to take your meds with beer." - Ray Kelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users