• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

A few of you asked that I post this and I really don't know what to say, so I hope I don't ramble to much.

Ok here is my story,
I have owned RV's, regular tong trailers, ToyHaulers and I have to say a ToyHauler is the only way to go...................

But for a guy like me, I flat ware them out in about 3 years, with buckled walls and the interior walls all flapping like they put them in with glue instead of screws, the cabinets typically make it about a year, before I have to reinforce them.

So about 4 years a go I sat down and started drawing up what I thought was the perfect trailer for a guy like me.

Over the last 4 years I have been paying attention to every ToyHauler on the market, form how they build them to what they have in them.

What I came up with is they just don't build them strong enough for off the highway use and I'm not staying in any camp ground. (Hell my trailers get custom pin striping if you know what I mean………..)
Most of all the walls are made out of particle board or pressed word (that stuff weights a ton and has no strength when it comes to the movement of a trailer.

After looking at every trailer that came into my brother-in-law's shop, form ToyHaulers, Car haulers, to full blown race trailers and I don't mean like the one's Carson trailer makes. (ok, I through one under the buss but hay you get what you pay for)

So I decided to frame it out of box Steel just like what they use to build the double stack Race trailers.
I know, I hear someone saying, "why are you building it out of steel instead of aluminum".
So here is the answer to your question. Yes Aluminum is close to half the weight of steel and Aluminum has half of the strength of steel, so if I built it out of aluminum I would have to use twice as much material to give it the strength of the steel framed one. (Remember, I took 4 years to study this) One of the things I did was to take 2 24' double stake race trailers one form……… (just thought of something, I don't what to through any them under the buss) I'm just going to say "Alum trailer" and "Steel Trailer".
Guess witch one was lighter????????
Yep the "Steel trailer", it was just a little over 1000 pounds lighter. (Steel is a lot cheaper then aluminum. Just thought I'd point that out too)
So, having the advantage of my brother-in-law being the owner of RB Components and going by the shop every time he had a stacker in, I would check out how they build those monsters. I deiced to build it close to the same way (but mine will not be a stacker)

I came up with is a pointed noise 100% steeled framed trail, instead of particleboard, all aluminum Cabinets (witch is really cool because it has that NASCAR look) the floor will be sealed, so if I what to wash it out I can, Solar power for remote use and low coast on liquid gold, but it will have a Generador built in, for all since a purpose it will be a Toyhauler, but just not built like one.

so here is the fame and the tanks going in, more pictures to come.

Attached Files

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#2 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

OK, who wants to run spell check on this one?

j/k,

That will be a nice rig. Nothing beats purpose-built. And when Kim throws your butt out, you'll have somewhere to sleep.

Used to know a guy who had a a license plate frame on his motorhome that read "Dad's pad when Mom's mad"
"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#3 DeltaDan

DeltaDan

"So this dyslexic alcoholic walked into a bra......."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts
  • Location:Oakley, California (via Brentwood- about 4 miles down the road)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

Very Nice Mike !!
I have been Re-Born into the Paternal BrothA'hood of the Lounge Lizards ~!!
~~ Blood in....... Blood Out.... Thats how we roll Baby !! �

"Restoration- It is the key to Habitat and it's Preservation where Natures Game can take it's Refugation- as long as there is not Conservation that kills off the Hunting/Gaming Equation- leading into Unmanned Depredation of Natures Transformation." ( A Coors Light momentary thought. )

#4 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:36 PM

to cool mike!!! is it going to have any slide outs or you staying "basic"?

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#5 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

No slide outs. its a hunting trailer. built to take a beating and not have to worry about tarring it up.

DK I love that plate I need to get one…………..

right now I am trying to figure out a name for it……………. Kind of like when you name a boat……… any of you have some good ideas????? I was think shiit brick house

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#6 DMax

DMax

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • Interests:I'M TO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT ...waterfowl, bow hunting, elk camp, SIERRA NEVADA,MAMMOTH BREW BEER ipa's and deep sea fishing being in the great outdoors camping fly fishing/hunting ....just need a good women to keep it warm .... ( . )( . )

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:27 AM

looks like it will be NICE hows HUNT'IN HOUSE OUTDOORS PLAY HOUSE FORT ODP CATCH ME IF YOU CAN ODP THE HUNTER GUY HOE DP's PLACE :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#7 duckwidow

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:03 AM

:smiley-thumbs-up-aqua: we are on our 4th hunting trailor .....good thinking on the cabinets! :D One suggestion comming from the official "trailor cleaner" be careful what you use for flooring, many of the cheap floorings they put into trailors stain really easy ( I know the guys dont care, but I do ) make sure it is TUFF.
That is one thing the hunting trailor always has is dirty, muddy floors. once the floor is dirty, the dirt travels everywhere in the trailor even the beds....yuk
(we have a no shoes allowed inside rule...well at least when I'm there :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: )
"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go" A.Lincoln

#8 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

the floor will be Rubber Diamond plate, and staining that, no way, no how.

Remember I have had a lot of time and have tried a few different things and the rubber floor will add installation as well easy to sweep out.

#9 duckwidow

duckwidow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:46 AM

that should work, but when I say "stain" I mean wister mud.....I think that stuff can take out any floor.......does that stuff have a diamond pattern embossed onto it?
great job on te trailor :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go" A.Lincoln

#10 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

there are 2 different kinds one looks and just like diamond plate and the other looks like round circles, I don’t know witch one I’m going to use yet.

#11 duckwidow

duckwidow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

I've seen both, I like the round, it is easier to sweep............................ :smiley-shakehead-blue:

#12 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

one day closer, should be done buy the end of next week :smiley-clappin-yellow:

Attached Files

#13 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

geez, Mikey, when its done, are you going to hang off the front of that thing yelling "I'm Kiiing of the Woorrlld!!..."
"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#14 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

I don't know how to take that????

I'm just stocked, I have been planning this for 4 years.

are you just messing with me?

#15 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

Of course I'm messing with you. C'mon its me!

Titanic, Mike. It was a movie. Maybe you heard of it? That was a scene in it.
― Edward Abbey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users